Generate Website Traffic Quickly And Affordably
Are you getting frustrated that the only visitors to your websites are your mother and your friends? Then you are probably not putting enough efforts to generate website traffic. Website building doesn't stop at designing a site and publishing great content on it. You also have to consistently drive traffic towards it. Here are a few tips that can help you get the traffic you want.
1. Write articles not to be published on your website but to be submitted to online article directories. This is called article marketing. There are a lot of advantages to using this technique. It does not only drive traffic to your website, it boosts its search engine rankings as well and builds your authority on your niche. Submitting to these directories is often free so you have nothing to lose in trying them.
2. Get into link exchange agreements with other website owners. Make it sure though that you are link exchanging with a website whose topics are related to yours. In this way, you complement each others content. The benefits of a link exchange are several. First, it drives traffic. Second, it passes link juice. And third, it makes your website look more relevant in the eyes of search engines like Google.
3. Submit your website to directories. This is even more important if your website is a blog. There are a lot of respected blog directories out there to which you can submit your blog. Some charges a fee before they include your blog in their listing but most of these directories are free.
4. Have your website optimized for the search engines. Search engine traffic or organic traffic still is the best source of traffic out there. If you do not know how to implement SEO, then find someone who does. What matters most is that you get your website easily found when people search on the engines like Google and Yahoo. Search engines are the best places to generate website traffic.
Social networking sites are now all the rage in the internet. Facebook just recently announced that their registered members are now over 500 million. Other social sites like Twitter, Foursquare and Gowalla are also enjoying rapid growth. What these mean is that there are millions of people logging in to these social networking sites every single day. Looking at it on a marketer's view, these sites are gold mines. If you are able to tap these markets and use them to drive visitors to your website or blog, you increase your site's chances of being successful by a huge leap.
Here are a few tricks on how to use social networking sites to generate website traffic.
First, choose the social networking sites that are most appropriate to the type of website you have. Just because everyone is using Twitter does not necessarily mean you will have to use it as well. Before you sign up with any networking site, you have to ask yourself the question: "What can this site do for me, my website or my business?" If you can't seem to get any solid answer to the question, then the site is probably not the right fit for your website.
Second, sign up with just a few networking sites if free time is something you do not have. If you sign up with too many sites but you don't regularly participate in such sites, all your efforts will be wasted. Hence, focus on a few social sites that you know you can spend some time on.
Third, the key to an effective social media marketing strategy is genuine participation. Don't use a social site just to generate website traffic. You have to use it the way it's supposed to be used first. Use it as a marketing tool second. So build those connections and trust before you even think of doing a sales pitch.
One of the fastest and most effective ways to generate website traffic is through dropping comments on other websites and blogs. This is especially important if you are just starting out as a site builder and blogger. The efforts in traffic-building are at its hardest during the first weeks and months of creating a website or blog. Commenting in other sites is one way to get the ball rolling.
There are however a lot of factors that you need to take into consideration before you write your very first comment. Just like any marketing technique, commenting requires planning. You can't just go around the internet dropping comments on every comment box that comes your way. This is not the right and effective way to do it.
Look first at your own website and determine what your main topics and themes are. This is very important because your comments will be much more effective if you leave comments on websites and blogs whose contents are related to what your own website has. The general rule here is that as much as possible, comment only on those sites that are on the same niche as yours. This doesn't mean you can't comment on unrelated sites; but you have to keep it to a minimum.
The key to an effective commenting strategy is the value of your comments. If your comments are composed of just "Nice post.", then you are not doing yourself any good. Don't comment just for the sake of commenting. See to it that the comments you leave provides value or meaning to what's already been discussed on the article you are commenting on.
While commenting, it is best that you use your real name or that of your website to give more credibility to your comments. Readers of your comments will more likely click on your name thus helping to generate website traffic in the process.
The success of a certain website is often measured by how much web traffic it generates. The more daily visitors it receives, the more successful it will be deemed. Your website may have the best content in its niche but if nobody visits to read it then that content amounts to nothing. As a webmaster or blogger, it is therefore a necessity that you spend some effort in traffic generation. Traffic-building can be very time-consuming most especially if you don't have the monetary budget to take advantage of automated marketing techniques. Internet people are a tough crowd to market to. They are not that easy to please. Their attention spans are very limited. In fact, various studies have shown that you only have just a few seconds to capture the interest of an online surfer.
It is best to look at your traffic-building efforts as a sales pitch. Your website and its content are your products. You are offering it out there in exchange for people's attention. What catches the attention of people these days are content that's straight to the point, helpful and entertaining. The two most common reasons why people go online is to be entertained and to get or gather data. If you can provide these to them, it is going to be much simpler building your site's traffic.
There are a lot of methods you can use for traffic generation. These include search engine optimization, blogging, article marketing, social media marketing, video marketing, PLR marketing, viral marketing and a whole bunch of other ways. You don't have to use all of them. Just pick those that you are comfortable with and of course those that suits the theme or niche of your website. Some traffic-building strategies work on some niches but are not that effective on other niches. So choose your strategies very well.
In order for a website to be successful and achieve its goals, it must have an established reader base. In the simplest of terms, it has to have some traffic. The products and services you have won't sell or the ideas you wrote won't be read if your website doesn't receive substantial traffic. Below are 3 ways that you can utilize to generate web traffic towards your site.
1. Search engine optimization - You have to make sure that your site is optimized for the search engines. Make it as easy for them to crawl and index your site. Create a sitemap for it. Make it uncluttered and navigable. And research very well your most important keywords or phrases and see to it that such keywords are used in all of your site's pages. If you do not know search engine optimization, then you either start learning it or get someone who knows to help you out. SEO is not as complicated as it sounds. Just a few hours of reading SEO resources can easily teach you the basics of it.
2. Social media marketing - Millions of people log-in to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter every day. This fact alone should be enough reason for you to start social media marketing. All you have to do is create profiles for you and your website then start connecting to people. Build trust and connection first before you start pitching them your stuff.
3. Article marketing - This is pretty simple to implement though it can be very time-consuming since you will be writing articles majority of the time. What you do is write articles that are related to the theme of your website. Include in each article a short author bio as well as a link towards your website. After that, just submit it to article directories like EzineArticles.